Apex Physical Therapy has developed a comprehensive spine rehabilitation program that is geared towards maximizing each patients functional potential. We treat spine patients of all ages ranging from young sports-oriented teenagers to seniors.
Spine Care Treatment Philosophy
Whether your pain is located in the low back, mid-back or neck we have a few general therapeutic goals for all patients.
- Reduce any shift that a patient may possess due to a disc bulge.
- Eliminate any radiating symptoms into the arms or legs.
- Restore normal range of motion in the spine.
- Increase muscle length, when needed, through a stretching program.
- Increase the strength and endurance in local stabilizing musculature.
- Functional training to return you to daily activities, work and sport.
Your therapist will also address specific components of your condition, such as improving one’s posture or correcting a “stuck” or “locked” joint in the neck. With each patient, we will develop a home program that will allow you to obtain the benefits of therapy both between sessions and once you graduate from Apex.
Regardless of whether you are a post-surgical or non-surgical spinal patient, our spine specialist will perform a comprehensive evaluation on the first day and develop an individualized program based upon your needs and functional goals. The spine specialist at Apex Physical Therapy is highly trained in orthopedic manual therapy and will incorporate both manual therapy techniques as well as a therapeutic exercise progression into most rehabilitation programs as deemed appropriate.
Common spinal diagnoses
The most common spinal diagnoses seen at Apex include:
- Degenerative disc disease (DDD)
- degenerative joint disease (DJD)
- Facet dysfunctions
- Disc bulges or herniations
- spinal stenosis
- Cervical or lumbar radiculopathies and discectomies (i.e. Sciatica)
Other diagnoses we have specialized training in treating include: thoracic outlet syndrome, first rib syndrome, and postural dysfunctions.
Multiple factors contribute to your prognosis for full recovery. The extent of injury, whether this is an acute or chronic condition, the presence of additional health problems and patient motivation will all factor into the likelihood of you making a full recovery. Although every patient is different, The Apex Team is dedicated to helping you achieve your personal best. We look forward to working with you!